Whether you are selling pet supplies or high-end technical gadgets online, your business deserves to have quality web hosting to support it. Without a quality web hosting company to back you up, your business could very quickly decline and that could result in a failed venture. You might have to close down your virtual doors and look for a J-O-B. Before things get that bad, here are some guidelines to follow when choosing a hosting company to work with.
• Price: You may be sorely tempted to go with free hosting plans; however, keep in mind that you get what you pay for. They will put flashy ads on your site that have nothing at all to do with your products. This may irritate your customers and cause the entire look of your site to look unprofessional. That doesn’t mean you have to choose the highest priced one either; somewhere in the middle is usually more than sufficient.
• Reliability: The last thing you need is for your customer to finally make a purchase decision and then find that your site is unavailable. They probably won’t give you a second chance, and will go straight to your competition. Make sure your hosting company guarantees at least 99% availability; 99.5% or more would be even better.
• Control Panel or FTP Access: It is extremely important to have the ability to modify and upload your web pages as you see fit. You don’t want to be contacting their support line every time you need to make even the smallest of changes.
• Technical Support: Find out where the company is headquartered, and what hours their technical support is available. A quality company will be available 24/7, 365 days a week. They should also have a live chat feature, as well as tutorials online that you can access at any time.
• Bandwidth/Size: You will need to make sure you have enough space (GB) to support your data and your unique visitors. As your business grows, your site will become more popular and will demand more traffic. Keep in mind that you may be charged an extra fee of more GB of data; you may have to pick a more expensive package.
These are just a few things to look for in a web hosting company. Keeping these things in mind, you can grow your business. In other words, when you make an informed decision you will be able to grow your company without any restrictions or restraints.